Read here the personal tips from local Carola from The Hague about sustainable The Hague and impact makers.
The Hague is a city where you can really feel at home, a city where many entrepreneurs and citizens contribute to creating an even more beautiful society. Of course also as a visitor, you can soak up the atmosphere. Some of the places that make an impact and impression you will find listed here. It is all about ‘Do good, feel good’!
At Happy Tosti around the corner of Plein, you will get the tastiest sandwiches served by employees with an occupational disability.
- Nice extra: there are swings and the extremely friendly and helpful staff greet you with a smile > Korte Poten 5
Brasserie Up is a unique social hospitality concept in The Hague. The pupils who work at Brasserie Up used to have an addiction in the past but are super motivated to make a change in their lives.
- The small and cosy lunchroom is a short walk from the classic shopping street Denneweg > Javastraat 69a
At De Prael with the motto 'people & beer - a perfect combination' you can enjoy a delicious meal or a drink at the quiet terrace. Especially the interior is an eye catcher. De Prael also works with people who face a distance to the labour market.
- At the beginning of 2020, Prael beer will be brewed with The Hague water > Esperantoplein 20
The Binckhorst is fully developing. In this former industrial area new hip cafés and restaurants have been established. Not to mention local beer breweries Kompaan and Binckse Promise and creative hub MOOOF, a place for music, dance and sport. In addition, the Binckhorst is the place for start-up companies. In this area, you will find restaurant Rebelz: good food with a mission.
- Ex-detained women follow a learning and workplace trainee-ship at Rebelz, a chance they grab with both hands > Junostraat 127
Greens in the Park
Greens in the Park in the Westbroekpark is a combination of a vegetable garden and an organic restaurant. The garden is managed by people who face a distance to the labour market.
- Fresher than fresh, because the vegetables and fruits on your plate come straight from the back yard. > Kapelweg 18
Pearls are located all over the city. If you want to move from one place to another in a special way, you can make a reservation at the Humanity Cab, a bicycle taxi company run by Eritrean newcomers (T: +31 (0)6 36396909).
These tips are selected for you by The Hague Info Store: CarolaRead more local tips