Now that all catering establishments have to close for the second time, they are facing really difficult times again. Fortunately, they come up with creative and tasty solutions. Restaurants deliver at home, offer tasty meals to go or sell gift vouchers. Please try and make use of this; they desperately need our support! Order food, set the table comfortably and dress nicely. Does it feel a bit like going out for dinner!
The editors supplement this article. Tips are welcome.
Support Your Locals The Hague
The #supportyourlocals initiative is getting off the ground worldwide: help local entrepreneurs who are becoming very creative to remotely help their customers! Now also in The Hague!
The corona virus provides endless creativity for catering entrepreneurs in The Hague.
The Hague is known for its nice restaurants, terraces, bars and cafes. However now that all catering establishments are closed (yet again) from 14th October, you will certainly miss your favourite spot in the neighbourhood. Fortunately, many restaurants have come up with something for this, because now that you can no longer go to them, they will come to you! Voila! Hereby we present a list with suggestions from the numerous tips that we see passing by, in order to still enjoy the most beautiful culinary delights of the city by the sea in this way.
Coupons - also nice to give!
Due to the closure of the catering industry, catering businesses are temporarily without income. Help your favourite catering business by buying a voucher, ordering food or collecting it. This way they can now continue to pay the rent and you will soon have something nice to look forward to when the doors open again. You can redeem these coupons at your favourite Entrada restaurant (e.g. La Galleria, Solo Vino by Gusto, Blaze & Co). Order the Entrada Giftcard here.
Drive-Through - super handy!
- Drive the car along Kompaan Bier Drive Through Beer Take Away and take some delicious and special beers with you for drinks at home. The Drive Through is open 7 days a week from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Enjoy the most delicious stews, pancakes or poffertjes (mini pancakes) from Oma Toos at home. You can pick them up at the Oma Toos Drive-in from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM! View the menu here and how to order (the website is in Dutch but it is fairly self explanatory to navigate). Enjoy !!!
Dinner at home
- Can't get by without having Café Pan. They don't want to be without you either! Put on appropriate music, because with Pan at home you can get away from it all on Friday and Saturday with a delicious '' Chefs menu'' for two people including a bottle of delicious wine for € 60.
- Do you like to enjoy a culinary environment at home? Then we have a tip for you, namely Publique à la Maison! Restaurant Publique offers a selection of specially composed dishes for delivery and take-away.
- Discover the menu of Catch by Simonis or Encore by Simonis and pick up your favorite fish or meat from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Be surprised by CottonTree by Dimitri's home menu with 9 dishes. You can pick up the dishes or have them delivered to your home from Thursday to Saturday between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm.
- Now that you can temporarily no longer enjoy all meals at Zheng, Zheng is coming to you! Is that lucky. Chef Han Ji and his team are ready for you with a delicious home menu with surprising Eastern-French fusion dishes that are delivered to your front door.
- Dine with your family or roommate and surprise yourself with delicious and authentic dishes from La Galleria Scheveningen, Blaze & Co or Trattoria La Riva. You can order here! Link:
Drive past your favourite eatery!
- It is still possible! Pick up your favourite extensive Chinese, Cantonese specialties. Dim Sum restaurant Walong op de Fred (Frederik Hendriklaan) is open every day from 4 p.m.
- De Zwarte Ruiter is open for coffee to go, croissants and cakes at the Grote Markt. At Bakplaats (next to the Boterwaag) you can enjoy delicious take-away meals.
Order something tasty online
- The real coffee lover is never without coffee at home, especially when there is a lot of work to be done from home. Order delicious coffee from Capriole Café and enjoy a nice cup of traditional and sustainable coffee. You can order here (the website is in Dutch).
- Who does not know the warm living room in the city, namely Anne & Max. Order coffee and tea for at home, cakes, sandwiches, high teas or high wines on the brand new Anne & Max webshop (In Dutch). The webshop offers a wide range of goods and now for your real living room!
- Having a birthday in the corona time is not that bad. Make it a party and order delicious patisserie at Dudok. Order your delicious apple pie here (note: some of the websites might only be in Dutch, but are quite self explanatory and if you are struggling, please get in touch with them).
- Working from home and rewarding yourself with the tastiest chocolate from The Hague is possible at Hop & Stork. Choose from all products here. (Note: this is a Dutch site).