In 2019, the Netherlands will be dominated by Rembrandt and the Golden Age. The reason is the 350th anniversary of the death of this most famous Dutch Master on October 4, 2019. Throughout the year there are numerous activities in The Hague to celebrate his legacy. To make this visible in the city centre, two frames have been placed around the Hofvijver where you can take your own 'Rembrandt and the Golden Age selfie'. Capture this moment 'forever' and share your best photo online with hashtag #thisisthehague. Your participation will be registered immediately and you will have a chance of winning your own Rembrandt oil painting in The Hague. See here
for the possible paintings. The prize is made possible by MyNewArt.Locations:
Frame 1: On the corner of Lange Vijverberg and Korte Vijverberg
Frame 2: Opposite Gevangenpoort on Lange Vijverberg.Conditions:
- The prize: choice of 1 painting from the Rembrandt collection at the Mauritshuis. See here for the overview. Depending on the choice, a landscape or portrait painting will be made: landscape (90x90cm) and portrait (100x80cm)
- On Tuesday 1 October 2019 the jury will make a choice from all the photos shared.
- The jury consists of Sander Hanenberg (The Hague Marketing Bureau), Martijn Ruding (Mauritshuis) and Remco Dörr (the guide of The Hague).
- The winner will be informed via the social media channel used.
- If the winner does not respond within two weeks, we will inform the runner up and the original winner will no longer be entitled to the prize.
- The contact details will then be passed on to MyNewArt. They will contact the winner to select a Rembrandt painting from The Hague.