Since the Corona virus currently makes an actual visit to The Hague rather difficult, we will gladly provide you with some tips to explore The Hague online. Enjoy the most beautiful City by the Sea in a different way!
This article is being updated regularly.
Take a virtual tour of the Museums
- View the beautiful collection of 17th century art of the Mauritshuis museum here online.
- A swimming pool in a museum? Sure, why not! Check out Museum Voorlinden for a digital dive.
- Be impressed by the unique car collection of the Louwman Museum.
- Explore the most interesting details of the Panorama or painter Mesdag here.
- Kunstmuseum The Hague has more than 160.000 pieces of art in its collection, view them here.
- Humanity House online - Meet the people who tell their story of fleeing and seeking refuge in the virtual Humanity House. Read the personal stories on this blog or listen to their stories via a podcast.
Finally time to find out more about your family tree
The Bureau for Genealogy is located in The Hague, you can have a look at their archive here! (website in Dutch only)
Missing the city by the sea? Have a look at these webcams:
Head in to nature, virtually
- In the heart of the protected nature area Meijendel you will find De Tapuit, the visitors centre of dune water company Dunea. Thousands of people normally come here to learn more about water, nature and the dunes. What hardly anyone knows, is that De Tapuit has some residents, namely barn owls. View them through this webcam.
- A scavenger hunt through The Hague Forest, how much fun is that! Currently, you are still allowed to go for a walk, but do keep a distance to other people. You can download a special app for these scavenger hunts, Have_a_look!