The Uniper Electriciteitsfabriek is a gas-fired power plant that supplies electricity to the district heating network and the national high-voltage network. The factory was built between 1904 and 1906 to a design by the Hague municipal architect A.A.Schadee. Later, the power plant was adapted and expanded several times, but only the monumental facade and the old offices have been preserved. This 'castle-like' building is a wonderful example of 'electricity architecture' from the beginning of the last century.
Current use Most of the industrial complex is still in use as a power plant, despite the fact that the complex has now been built in entirely by the city. The Electriciteitsfabriek Foundation coordinates various artistic productions in the vacant part of the building. The turbine hall has a floor area of over 2500 square meters and is roughly 35 meters high.