The early 17th -century house derives its name from the pages of the Prince of Orange. These were young men from prominent families who were educated as cadets at Delft Academy. When they were summoned to The Hague to fulfil their courtly duties, they were accommodated in the Pageshuis. Like other buildings on Lange Voorhout, the house had a stepped gable. This house was state property, however, and when the other houses were modernised the stepped gable at Pageshuis was preserved. The facade is adorned with the heads of war gods Mars and his wife or mother, the charioteer Bellona. The house remained in use as a page house until 1828.