Schilderswijk Library (Koningstraat 439, The Hague) is a library for and by neighbourhood residents.
More about this library:
- Free member with Ooievaarspas and children free member
- Comic books
- Guide to denhaag.nl
- Newspapers in different languages
- Doing homework and help with your homework
- Free computer lessons
- Programming and working with 3D printer
- Youth cafe
- Free wifi
- Free advice from Haagse Wetswinkel
- Information about the history of the neighbourhood
- BoekStart: booklets for babies
- Help with filling in forms
- Practice the Dutch language together
- Children's books
- Meeting place
- (Digi) language point
- Large collection for young adults
- Press DisplayL online newspapers from around the world.
Historical Information Point
You will find heritage all around you. In the city and in the neighbourhood, or at home. Where did you go to school before? What did that building look like? Where did your grandfather live? And what did your neighborhood look like 30 or 100 years ago? In a Historical Information Point you can find an answer to these kinds of questions about your neighborhood and the rest of The Hague. There is also a special book collection about the district and The Hague. You have access to more than 200,000 photos and you can view the Haagse Couranten collection from 1940 to 1966.