Guided tour through the former American Embassy
The former American Embassy was designed by Bauhaus architect Marcel Breuer and completed in 1959. The consistently implemented trapezium-shaped windows give the building an iconic appearance. The national monument has a unique architectural and substantive meaning. With the auditorium, the library and the special window/facade construction, the building is just as special as the MET-Breuer museum in New York.
The tour guide at West Den Haag shows you around the spaces that tell endless stories about diplomacy, history and architecture. Located in the middle of the Museum Quarter in The Hague, the building is now a center for arts and culture. West Den Haag is a museum for contemporary art with changing exhibitions and events. Book a tour now and discover how this monument warrants her cultural and societal relevance. Guided tours are held every Sunday (also in 2023), please book in advance on our website. In English: 16:30 hrs
- Tours are every Sunday and run all year round (including 2023). The tour lasts one hour.
- Please book in advance via the website.
- Guided tour in Dutch: 12:30h
- Guided tour in English: 16:30h
- Location: West The Hague, Lange Voorhout 102, 2514 EJ, The Hague
- The guided tours are unfortunately not wheelchair accessible.
- Special arrangements are also possible, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.