This library in Escamp is not to be missed: you can see it from afar. A fun place!
More about this library
Close to shopping centre Leyweg, in the striking Escamp city office, you will find this library:
- BookStart for babies
- Coffee Corner Library with coffee, tea, cake, soft drinks and a small lunch menu
- Computer and internet courses and workshops
- Collection of films on DVD
- Gaming area for young people
- Daisy-roms and players for the visually impaired
- Wireless Internet
- Film evenings
- Many reading and work areas
- Youth collection 4You!
- Cosy youth corner
- Digital point
- Reading and crafts and, of course, lots of books!
Historical information point
Heritage is all around you. In town and in the neighbourhood, or at home. Where did you used to go to school? What did that building look like? Where did your grandfather live? And what did your neighbourhood look like 30 or 100 years ago? At a Historical Information Point, you can find answers to questions like these about your neighbourhood and the rest of The Hague. There is also a special book collection about the neighbourhood and The Hague. You have access to more than 200,000 photos and can view the collection of Haagse Couranten from 1940 to 1966.
Line: 9, 16 (Leyweg), 27, 37 (Melis Stokelaan), 21, 23, 25 (Leyweg bus station)