This house belonged to Grand Pensionary Johan van Oldenbarnevelt. On July 13, 1610, the house became the property of Johan van Oldenbarnevelt. He had the entire building demolished. The house has four floors and a beautiful renaissance facade. In April 1611, he moved to Kneuterdijk from Spuistraat. Van Oldenbarnevelt was not able to live there for long, as he was executed in 1619 and the property was declared forfeited.
In 1624, the goods were sold publicly and in 1625 his son-in-law was assigned the house. Nowadays, the Council of State is housed in this buildin