Fish Auction Scheveningen - Guided Tour
Due to the Corona crisis, no tours will take place until December 2020.
Do you want to experience the atmosphere of Scheveningen fishing life up close?
Then take a tour of the fish auction! Every first Friday morning of the month, guided by a guide, you can take a look behind the scenes of the dynamic Scheveningen Fish Auction where hard-working fishermen auction their catches. Especially for early birds who want to experience something special!
Look behind the scenes
You will be welcomed in the morning with a cup of coffee and tea, where a film about the Fish Auction will be shown. The tour starts after the movie. The guide will tell you all about fishing and the life of fishermen of the past and present. What makes Scheveningen unique? Which fish species are brought in? How is the fish sorted? And how does the auction work? You will see how the 'mining' on the clock works and that the price per kilo is noticeably lower here than in the fish shop! And where does all that fish go?
- The ± 1.5 hour tour starts at 6.30 in the Zeemanshuis in the Scheveningen harbor (Visafslagweg 1, the entrance is around the corner).
- The number of participants who can participate in a tour is limited. So be quick to register. There is a minimum number of participants of five people. If this number is not booked, the tour will be canceled at least one day in advance.
- For safety reasons, a minimum age of 14 years applies.
- Unfortunately, the tours are not suitable for wheelchairs, walkers and prams.
- Please note that the tours are only spoken in Dutch, there are no English speaking guided available.
For more information, please contact VVV The Hague: 070-3618860 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The tour is only spoken in Dutch. Groups Would you like to participate in the tour with a group? Please contact VVV The Hague.
Breakfast After the tour
It is possible to have breakfast for € 5.50 at the Zeemanshuis. You can report this in advance to the Zeemanshuis or order it on the spot. You can report this by telephone on 070-3585357 or 06-53392011.
Guided tours are available every week from April to September. In the period October to March you can join the guided tour every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month.
In any case, no tours will take place until December 2020 due to the Corona crisis. As soon as the tours start again, you can book online.
Accessibility of the port
Scheveningen Haven is easily accessible by public transport, car and bicycle. The port is fastest to reach by car via the Koningskade, Prof. dr. B.M. Teldersweg, President Kennedylaan, Houtrustweg and Westduinweg. It is best to park in the parking garages at the harbor or in the parking lot of the Noorderlijk Havenhoofd. If you come by public transport, you can choose from various tram and bus lines to Scheveningen from The Hague Central Station and Hollands Spoor.