The German Church is a neo-Gothic church building from the years 1860-1861 and is located in the center of The Hague. The German church was designed by H. Wentzel from Berlin on behalf of the German Evangelical Congregation. The building was restored in 2002 and in the past Queen Emma attended the German Church and its services.
The facade of the church is integrated into the street wall. The facade ends in a stepped gable with crenellated crowns. The brick tower has a square substructure with battlements at each corner. Reverberation holes with neo-Gothic bluestone frames were built into the octagonal structure. The tower shows a Gothic ornament in the shape of a flower. The entrance has a door with rich decorative ironwork. The portal is crowned by a triangular facade element. In the right side wall there are three high neo-Gothic pointed arch windows. The interior is in the rather rare Gothic plastering style. The wooden rib vaults and the leaf chapels are plastered. Most of the Gothic Revival inventory has been preserved. The organ from 1870 was made by P. Flaes.