The Hague is a great city for shopping. You will find beautiful department stores, the well-known shops, and also many small unique, local shops. We are happy to share some of our favorite shops with you.
- Michael Barnaart is a well known fashion designer from The Hague. His Mondrian dress is famous. He has two shops in the cozy Papestraat. One with beautiful dresses and one with gorgeous accessories.
- WAUW literally means: Wild And Unique Warehouse. And that is exactly what it is; a shop full of special treasures and unique things. You don't go out here empty-handed!
- Bakery Hessing is a family business where you can buy real Hague delicacies such as; 'Haagse Hopjes' (coffeecandy), 'Den Haagelslag' (chocolate sprinkles) and the 'Haagse Kakker', a tasty cake! You can't leave The Hague without trying a least one of these!
- In the old part of the Passage, a type of covered shopping street, you will find Akkerman; the oldest pen shop in The Hague. They sell classic fountain pens and many colors of ink with funny names such as 'Shocking Blue' and 'Parkpop purple'.
- Paagman is more than just a great bookshop with a extensive collection. You can attend lectures there, for children there is Villa Paagman with books and toys and in the café you can read your new purchased book while enjoying a fresh coffee.
The Fine Store
- The Fine Store is a beautiful minimalist decorated shop that sells sustainable and special design. From furniture to accessories, all products are quality pieces, made from pure materials.
Little Green Shop
- This 'green pearl' is located in the trendy Zeeheldenkwartier with its unique, local shops. You will find here vintage accessories, plants and products from local designers. Little Green Shop is a small, sustainable department store.
Op z’n Kop
- ‘Op z’n kop’ ("Upside down") is a cozy coffee shop full of crockery, cheerful flower paintings, shabby chic furniture and vintage accessories. And what is extra special about this coffee shop: everything is for sale! From the chair you sit on, the plant on the table till the romantic flower cup from which you drink, you can take everything home with you!
- At Bookstor, on beautiful Noordeinde, they have been selling special books for almost 100 years. You will definitely find a book you like. But you can also just enjoy a cup of coffee outside on the terrace or inside and in a beautiful monumental building.
In the middle of the historic part of the Passage, Dok is one of the largest and most extensive cookery shops in the region, with 800m2. Here you will definitely find everything for your kitchen, beautiful cookbooks and regularly there are demonstrations and tastings of famous chefs.