17 June 2023 marked the 125th anniversary of the birth of artist Maurits Cornelis Escher. With the largest Escher museum collection in the world, Kunstmuseum Den Haag and Escher in Het Paleis are at the heart of this special anniversary year. The Hague will be all about Escher, with no fewer than four exhibitions and numerous cultural activities in cooperation with schools, neighbourhoods and entrepreneurs in the city. This makes The Hague the city of Escher this year.
Discover Escher in The Hague
The Hague shrouds itself in Escher
This year, The Hague will literally become the city of Escher. A number of iconic buildings have been decorated in Escher style especially for this anniversary year. Pay attention as you walk through the city, because you won't believe your eyes!
- City hall: Spui 70
- Provinciehuis: Zuid Hollandplein 1
- Haagse Poort (Nationale Nederlanden): Prinses Beatrixlaan 35. above the A12 towards The Hague
- Malietoren: Bezuidenhoutseweg 12. Above the A12 towards The Hague
Besides the iconic buildings, the whole city adorns itself in Escher style, with beautiful Escher shop windows in various shopping areas. Have you spotted them yet?
Experience Escher in The Hague with extra discount!
- Receive a 20% discount on your admission to Museum Panorama Mesdag on presentation of a ticket for Escher in The Palace and vice versa. The promotion runs throughout the entire Escher year, until December 31, 2023. See more information about this promotion.
- Would you like to stay overnight? Check out the exclusive Escher package at the Kurhaus.
- Upon presentation of your ticket from Escher in Het Paleis, you have free admission to Museum Bredius.