Good coffee is of vital importance. That is why we are happy to give you some suggestions where to drink your best coffee and special locations for bakeries in The Hague. The Hague has many places for tasty coffee. From fancy specialty coffee to a standard cup of coffee; each district has its own hidden coffee hotspots. Below is a list of places where we as locals like to enjoy a nice cup of coffee in The Hague.
- Capriole Café (see photo above) Capriole Café is a real The Hague hotspot. Tucked away in a beautiful industrial location on the water in the Binckhorst near the centre of The Hague, this is a wonderful place to enjoy organic and fair trade coffee from our own coffee roaster.
- Hop and Stork Fortunately, two former bankers followed their passion and gave us Hop & Stork! At Hop and Stork you drink award-winning coffee. You can enjoy the best coffee at a fantastic location at the entrance of the Passage. They also make delicious artisan chocolate. Opt for a tasting; coffee (or tea) with different chocolate.
- Bodega De Posthoorn "If there is anything in The Hague, it is Bodega de Posthoorn". The Posthoorn has been a household name in The Hague for years. A special café on the stately Lange Voorhout where artists, journalists, politicians, business people, tourists and expats have been meeting for years. Even the ministers still like to have a cup of coffee here!
- Hometown Coffee In this hip industrial place in the middle of the centre, they serve great coffee. From cappuccino to slow coffee, everything is delicious here. Set with love and attention and you can taste it. Hometown Coffee is also a great place to work quietly behind your laptop.
- Coffeelicious is known for good coffee made with love by the friendly, enthusiastic staff. Be sure to include one of the fresh homemade cakes. Find a place by the window and enjoy it with a view of the beautiful Lange Voorhout.
- Florencia has been a household name in The Hague since 1932. Florencia, also known as the living room of The Hague, it is perhaps not the best place for coffee however it is nice and cheap and definitely a place that shouldn't be missed as part of a visit to The Hague. Here you will find the real locals who meet at the terrace for a cappuccino, a real Italian ice cream and a strong story.
- Single Estate Coffee Roasters : Where else than in the trendy Zeeheldenkwartier can you find this exclusive and fancy coffee bar. Drinking coffee here is an experience. You may choose your own bean type after the bartender has carefully informed you about the different types. The coffee is of high quality, sustainable and fair trade. This makes it taste even better.
- Nog Een Bakkie: At Nog een Bakkie you imagine yourself in the 60's because of the cosy and colourful interior. Fortunately, coffee is more contemporary. The case lives up to its name; after drinking the special blend of coffee you immediately want another one hence the name in Dutch "Nog een Bakkie".
- Coffee-Star: Coffee-star, located in the Public library at THIS (The Tourist Information Office), serves quality coffee in a cosy, personal way. After you have been inspired by the staff of THIS, you can map out your route through the city at your leisure. Do you want to hit the road right away? All products can also be taken away.