Every city has them, those hidden treasures that you don't see very quickly. Special places that you don't want to miss. We have listed a few here. But don't tell anyone ok!
- You will find this national monument behind the Kloosterkerk. One of the few courtyards that is open to public.The 'Rusthofje' is an oasis of peace in the middle of the city.
Monastic Store / Willibrorduskapel
- In this smalle monastery shop, the brothers of St. John sell their home-brewed beer and other monastery products. Above the shop is the chapel. A must see, if only for the beautiful stained glass windows.
Theesalon de Waterkant
- This cute teamroom with a lovely garden is little bit hidden in the Westbroekpark. Have a freshly baked scone with your tea. You can also rent a rowing boat, to lose the calories of that scone!
Oud Katholieke Schuilkerk (Old Catholic Hideout Church)
- In the cosy Hofkwartier you will find, just behind a door, a completely beautiful baroque church from the time when Catholic mass was forbidden. Definitely worth a visit.
Stadstuin Emma’s hof (Citygarden Emma's court)
- In the triangle Weimarstraat / Beeklaan / Galileïstraat, you will find Emma's court, a beautiful, publicly accessible city garden. It is a meeting place for young and old in this multicultural neighborhood. The sustainably furnished garden offers a nice and quiet place for adults and a natural playground for young children.
- Every year around Christmas, the City Cloister is open to the public to admire the collection of nativity scenes. Over the past twenty years, Brother Frans Wils has collected a considerable arsenal of nativity scenes. There are nativity scenes in all shapes and sizes from all over the world.
- Many people do not know that you can just visit the garden of Noordeinde Palace. A lovely place in the middle of the city to recharge or a have small picnic.
Schlemmer is a café - restaurant where you will meet local artists, actors and politicians. Go down the stairs to the beautiful garden to enjoy your coffee or a delicious Flammkuchen.
Garden of Pulchri Studio
- Pulchri Studio in The Hague is an association of artists and located in a beautiful building the Lange Voorhout. You can also have a drink here, which is highly recommended, especially in the garden in summer.
- A little out of town but well worth the detour this urban farm. You can watch animals, have a drink, have lunch (of course with fresh ingredients from the garden) and pick vegetables and fruit.
James Turrell - Hemels gewelf
In de duinen van Den Haag waar het licht zo tastbaar aanwezig kan zijn, heeft Turrell een plek gemaakt om naar de lucht te kijken: Hemels Gewelf in Kijkduin. Op de top van één van de puinduinen is een kom aangelegd in de vorm van een ellips, 30 meter breed, 40 meter lang. Een aarden wal van ongeveer 5 meter hoog omsluit de komHemels Gewelf