In these times when children are having to be entertained for the vast majority at home, the editors would like to give parents and those in charge of children enjoyable tips to do from home and experience a bit of The Hague in that way.
The editors continue to add to this article
Virtual The Hague for children – art and crafts
- Nice traditional colours from The Hague! Download a colouring picture of ADO The Hague here
- Colouring art with the colouring pages of Museum Beelden aan Zee
- Come to Ricks Corner at Duinrell virtually and join in the craftwork.
- On the Museon site you can find super cool colouring pages and download a skeleton model. Show us when it's done by sharing it on #thisisthehague
- The Mauritshuis has a special page with Children's activities to be carried out at home
- Drievliet has a nice drawing to paint. Which colour are you going to use for the bumper car?
Virtual The Hague for children - reading and looking
- You cannot go to the Library in The Hague at this moment in time, but you can enjoy hearing someone reading aloud. Listen
- Lambs have already been born at Boerderij Akkerlust. On their Facebook page you can see nice farm videos. See how cute they are here!
- Did you know that there is a beautiful butterfly garden nearby called 'Vlinders aan de Vliet'? Now closed, but there are very nice photos and videos online. Take a look here. What is your favourite butterfly? Maybe you can draw it.
Virtual The Hague for Kids - create your own museum
There are many nice museums in The Hague, including Mauritshuis, Escher, modern art at Voorlinden. Make your own exhibition of your most beautiful drawings or works of art on a table at home. Take a nice picture and make up a good name for your own museum and share your museum with #thisisthehague
Museum Voorlingen has a nice challenge: the #voorlindenchallenge. Draw your favourite artwork from Voorlinden, share the drawing with #voorlindenchallenge and you might win an XL colouring page. You can then put the drawing directly into your own museum at home.
The Hague virtual for Kids – Boekids University
The Hague Boekids has decided to offer the actual lectures of Boekids University completely virtual this year and to expand the number of lectures. The series of lectures for primary and secondary schools that would take place in The Hague from 25th until 29th May will be cancelled. Fortunately, you can take virtual lessons. Take a look at this site www.boekids.nl.