Has boredom set in during the lockdown? Do you feel like doing something fun with the kids in The Hague? Check out our tips: from crafts in The Hague and virtually discovering the city to a children's walk that lets you get to know the city in a playful way.
Virtual The Hague for children – art and crafts
- The Peace Palace has a building plate online. Share it when you're done with #thisisthehague.
- The Kunstmuseum Den Haag has made special DIY sheets for at home. There are also cool coloring and drawing plates made by illustrators of children's art books.
- Nice traditional colours from The Hague! Download a colouring picture of ADO The Hague here.
- Colouring art with the colouring pages of Museum Beelden aan Zee
- Come to Ricks Corner at Duinrell virtually and join in the craftwork.
- On the Museon site you can find super cool colouring pages and download a skeleton model. Show us when it's done by sharing it on #thisisthehague
- The Mauritshuis has a special page with Children's activities to be carried out at home
- Drievliet has a nice drawing to paint. Which colour are you going to use for the bumper car?
- Avonturia has all kinds of fun craft supplies from animals in her webshop. Do you paint a beautiful owl? Have a look here.
Virtual The Hague for children - reading and looking
- Did you know that there is a beautiful butterfly garden nearby called 'Vlinders aan de Vliet'? Take a look here. What is your favourite butterfly? Maybe you can draw it.
- How are feeding the animals in SEA LIFE doing now, watch through these videos.
- Are you crazy about cars, take a look at these fun videos from the Louwman Museum.
- Download the free Madurodam app and discover the special and unique stories behind the attractions and the miniatures.
- Grab all your Lego bricks and imitate the famous buildings from The Hague and Scheveningen. How about the ADO Cars Jeans Stadium or the pier in Scheveningen? Discover online what you can expect at LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Scheveningen.
Virtual The Hague for Kids - create your own museum
There are many nice museums in The Hague, including Mauritshuis, Escher, modern art at Voorlinden. Make your own exhibition of your most beautiful drawings or works of art on a table at home. Take a nice picture and make up a good name for your own museum and share your museum with #thisisthehague on Instagram.
Running, jumping and clambering in The Hague
Want to get a breath of fresh air or get some fresh air? Walk or cycle through the Westduinpark and spot the Scottish highlanders. Or build a sandcastle on the beach and then warm up with a hot chocolate, of course with whipped cream!
Our other tips:
- Discover the secrets of The Hague Forest with a treasure hunt via smartphone. You can choose from three puzzle tours: the entire forest, the area around Huis den Bosch Palace or the area around Koekamp/Malieveld. Download the Hague Forest App here.
- Go ice skating, skiing or snowboarding in the Uithof!
- Jump, clamber and climb in a former church. How cool is that! Planet Jump offers a challenging activity for every age: trampolines, an obstacle course and a rotating climbing wall!
- Indoor Playground Monkey Town: there are gigantic climbing and clambering equipment full of challenging tunnels and secret passages and of course the famous ball pits, super Lego, trampolines and air cushions.
Children's walking tour The Hague
This walk is not only super fun to do, you also get to know the city in a funny way. Each number has a question. Do you know the solution?