What is more fun than enjoying a good coffee on a terrace in the city while watching people passing by? Recovering from shopping in a green courtyard while eating lunch? Or end the day with a cool glass of rosé on a terrace by the sea? This is all possible in The Hague!
There are so many nice terraces. We will give you our top 9 nicest terraces in The Hague.
The Grote Markt is a square with many terraces. From early in the morning until 2 a.m, it is always pleasantly busy here. Each terrace has its own atmosphere and cuisine. For exotic cocktails you go to Vavoom and if you feel like a spicy cheese fondue, sit down on the September terrace. Music festivals are also regularly held on the Grote Markt.
Café Juni in the inner garden of the Nutshuis is an oasis of peace in the busy center. At Juni they believe the world can improve with food. They buy consciously and mainly from local suppliers. At Juni you can enjoy homemade soups or put together your own salad at the salad bar. There is also a small shop with local and artisan products.
- Bleyenberg has a roopftopterrace (the very first in The Hague). From this cozy terrace you have a great view over the city center. There is a relaxed atmosphere here and the attentive service certainly contributes to that. On the terrace you can drink delicious cocktails and enjoy antipasti or plate pizza. For a real mail go to the trendy industrial restaurant downstairs.
- Café Restaurant Schlemmer has been a household name in The Hague for years. This cozy brown café-restaurant is located near the Plein and the Binnenhof, in the middle of the busy, political heart of The Hague. But as soon as you step into the attractive courtyard garden, you enter a quite space. The green garden with French bistro tables is a wonderful place for lunch or dinner in the open air. The Flammkuchen are a must!
- At the Noordeinde in the cozy Hofkwartier you will find Bookstor.; a lovely place for coffee, fresh cakes, local art and books. Many books! Enjoy your coffee in the garden or on the terrace with a view of Noordeinde Palace. And don't forget to include a homemade date cake! Also take a look inside the beautiful historic building.
- Restaurant Gember has a cozy terrace between the Kunstmuseum, the Photo Museum and KM21. A wonderful to recover from the impressions of all the beautiful art. The terrace overlooks the pond of the Kunstmuseum. They serve the famous Maison Kelder hazelnut tart and great 'bitterballen'. You can also visit Gember without visiting the museums.
- Brasserie Berlage is also located near the Kunstmuseum, in the wonderful garden to be precise. The restaurant is decorated in the Berlage atmosphere. A great place for coffee, lunch or dinner. And tapas! The different types of croquettes are highly recommended. Brasserie Berlage is also accessible without a museum visit.
- In the beautiful Westbroekpark you will find De Waterkant; a cute tearoom. The terrace is small but there is enough grass to lie back and enjoy a high tea. They don't call themselves the 'most beautiful grass terrace' for nothing. In a romantic mood? Rent a rowing boat and enjoy the beautiful park from the water.
- Beach pavilion Zuid is a wonderful quiet place on the quiet beach. The walk or bike ride to it through the dunes is allready worth the visit. In the evening you can enjoy pizzas from the stone oven here. On Wednesday two pizzas for the price of one! And another plus; at Zuid they mainly use organic and regional products.